Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great summer salad and side with a delicious, creamy dressing.
Make and share this Mexican Fiesta Pasta Salad and Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fusilli (uncooked)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 3 large carrots, thinly sliced on diagonal, slices cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 1⁄2 large red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Cook fusilli pasta according to package directions, until just tender but firm to the bite.
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Transfer drained pasta to a large bowl.
- Add 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil and mix thoroughly to coat.
- Add diced tomatoes, corn kernels, carrot strips and chopped onions; toss well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and fresh lime juice.
- Mix in minced jalapenos, chili powder, ground cumin and chopped cilantro.
- Add dressing to pasta mixture and mix well to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
I loved this salad especially the dressing! I added a few more items that I had on hand like cucumbers, avocado, and spinach leaves. Would probably be great to add cooked chicken! Thank you for a great recipe!!!