1 hr 30 mins
A great summer salad and side with a delicious, creamy dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fusilli (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 3 large carrots, thinly sliced on diagonal, slices cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1Cook fusilli pasta according to package directions, until just tender but firm to the bite.
- 2Drain pasta and rinse with cold water to cool.
- 3Transfer drained pasta to a large bowl.
- 4Add 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil and mix thoroughly to coat.
- 5Add diced tomatoes, corn kernels, carrot strips and chopped onions; toss well.
- 6In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and fresh lime juice.
- 7Mix in minced jalapenos, chili powder, ground cumin and chopped cilantro.
- 8Add dressing to pasta mixture and mix well to blend.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Fiesta Pasta Salad and Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.7
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 239.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: