Recipe by Carol in Oz
A tasty layered salad that will be sure to be a favourite, mild Mexican flavours with lots of crunch! The multiple layers are beautiful in a glass bowl, a crowd pleaser! Feel free to substitute whatever veggies you happen to have on hand!
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 -2 cup chopped snow peas
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 310 g sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (I sprinkled this layer with garlic salt)
- 420 g mexican style beans, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove
- 35 g taco seasoning, dry mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced spring onion
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon bits
- sliced jalapeno, and (optional)
- spanish black olives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer and pack lettuce lightly into the bottom of a glass bowl.
- Continue layering with each ingredient finishing with the beans (they don't have to be Mexican flavoured!
- Mix sour cream and mayo with Taco seasoning and garlic, spread in an even layer over top your other layers right to the edge to seal everything.
- Top with cheese, then cooked crumbled bacon bits, green onions and optional olives and jalapeños.