Recipe by tigerduck
Another great mix that makes life easier (see also "my" Hot Mexican Rub Hot Mexican Rub). I included this as part of a gift basket for my friend and of course I had to try it before giving it away. Too bad I din't read the whole recipe before making it. When not only the mix but also the dip was finished, I realised it should go in the fridge for two hours or so. I couldn't wait that long and ate it immediately. Loved it and prepared a second batch. This time I had some leftovers and I put it in the fridge. The next day it tasted even better! Yes, chilling does improve the dip! As I wanted to prepare the dip just for myself, I mixed 2 tablespoons sour cream with 2 tabelspoons low fat mayonnaise and 2 teaspoons Mexican Fiesta Dip Mix. I am considering to prepare the next batch without the dry herbs but add fresh herbs to the mix when preparing the dip. I love fresh herbs and I grow so many on my balcony. When typing this recipe I realised that I forgot to add the salt into my mix. I didn't even miss it! That's why I wrote optional next to the salt. Serve this dip with tortilla chips or fresh vegetables.
Top Review by 948605
I made this mix and put into small ziplock bags I found in the jewelry making section of Hobby Lobby. I added a small label w/directions on how to make the dip and will give in gift baskets. I made it for a Christmas party. My only complaint was it was too salty. So I will make another batch with 1/2 of the salt. I served w/chips and vegetables.
Mexican Fiesta Dip Mix
- 1⁄2 cup dried parsley
- 1⁄3 cup dried onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dried chives
- 1⁄3 cup chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup salt (optional)
For the Mexican Fiesta Dip
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup low-fat yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the spices and store in an airtight container.
- Attach this to the jar: Mexican Fiesta Dip. Makes two cups. In a medium mixing bowl combine 3 tablespoons of the Dip Mix with the mayonnaise and sour cream. Whisk the mixture until smooth. (Check if you want to add more of the Dip Mix or more mayo/sour cream.).
- Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight (best).
- If you do this at home and you have some fresh herbs around then add some. I like to add fresh chives, parsley or coriander.
- Serve with tortilla chips (works best!)or fresh vegetables.