Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from Melissa's Southern Style Kitchen
- 1 (12 ounce) package low-fat sausage
- 3⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 (8 ounce) softened cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) container queso blanco, cheese dip (such as Gordo's)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 -3 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and black pepper
- 2 -3 chopped green onions, for garnishing
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- In a large stove top pot over medium-high heat, cook the sausage, ground beef, diced onion and jalapeno. Add a little oil, if needed, and season with salt and pepper.
- Drain any excess fat from the pan, then add the taco seasoning, lime juice, minced garlic and worcerstershire sauce.
- Continue to cook for a couple of minutes, until no pink remains in the meat.
- Add all of the softened cream cheese, the white queso dip and 1 1/2 cups of salsa.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, and slowly melt all of the ingredients together.
- Stir often to prevent the dip from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Simmer for a total of 25 minutes.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of grated pepper jack cheese and chopped cilantro.
- Remove the dip from the heat, and pour carefully into your slow cooker to keep w.
- arm, or serve immediately with lots of tortilla chips for dipping. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top to melt and a sprinkle of chopped green onion.