Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My sister created this recipe, and then my husband and I adapted it to our tastes. It is creamy, spicy, comfort food for us. We always serve it with a side of baked tortilla chips for dunking.
- 453.59 g ground turkey breast
- 414.03 ml corn
- 35.43 g low-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 340.19 g can fat-free evaporated milk
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 453.59 g jar salsa
- 439.41 g jarlow fat salsa con queso
- 118.29 ml fat free sour cream
- In a 6 quart stock pot, brown the turkey. Add taco seasoning, 4 cups of water, corn and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover, simmer for 15 - 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Once the potatoes are tender, mix cornstarch with a little water and add to the evaporated milk. Add the milk mixture to the pot, and simmer until thickened, about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add salsa and salsa con queso. Stir until incorporated. Remove from heat and blend in the sour cream.
- Serve -- .
Fabulous recipe! Loved the creamy, cheesey texture and the spice from the salsa and taco seasoning. Served with taco chips and sour cream. Nice change from chili.
This soup is wonderful! The only changes I made was I sauteed an onion and a couple of tbsps of garlic, I also add in some dryed chili flakes, we loved this soup! thanks for sharing Mo-B!...Kitten:)