Recipe by - Carla -
I adopted this recipe in February 2005. While I'm not much of a casserole person, this one looks to be pretty good.
Top Review by spatchcock
Tried this earlier in the week and left out the beef (I don't eat red meat at all). Just added black beans in its place and it turned out really well! I really appreciated the tasty (and easy!) Bisquick crust! Thanks for a nice weeknight recipe!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet until browned; drain off the excess fat.
- Season the meat with the salt and pepper; set aside.
- Mix together the cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and onion; set this mixture aside.
- Stir the biscuit mix and water together until a soft dough forms.
- With floured fingers, pat the dough into the bottom of a greased 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan, pressing the dough about 1/2-inch up the sides of the pan.
- Layer the browned ground beef, tomato slices, green pepper, and sliced olives over the dough layer.
- Spoon the sour cream and cheese mixture over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, until the edges of the dough are light brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes and then cut into squares to serve.