Recipe by vicki winchester
This recipe is a favorite of my whole family; even the child who hates meat. I like to experiment with different cheeses or different salsas. I think there are supposed to be 6 servings in this dish but because everyone has seconds it serves 5 with no leftovers. For more servings increase to 1 1/2 lb beef and increase corn bread to 2 boxes and cheese accordingly. Bake in 9x9 or larger casserole dish.
Top Review by Malriah
Vicki, first I would like to say that I am pleased to be giving your your first review on the very first recipe you posted! We really enjoyed this recipe! I made it for dinner last night and the leftovers are calling me from the frige! One note to others that try this recipe, be careful of the size of cornbread mix you use! The one I bought was too big for this recipe. I could have doubled the meat mixture and it would have worked well. But all in all, this is a quick yummy recipe that works well for a "middle of the week" dinner for busy people who work alot!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 package cornbread mix
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, and drain excess fat.
- Add water, taco seasoning, and salsa.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until water is reduced.
- Place beef in small casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of cheese.
- Mix corn bread according to package directions and add remaining cheese.
- Spread corn bread on top of beef.
- Bake at 400 degree for 20 minutes or until corn bread is golden brown on top.