Recipe by RaCh_
This is a pumped up version of a traditional taco salad. If you love Mexican food, then you'll love this. Very simple!
Top Review by teresas
Excellent flavor! I really enjoyed this. I could tell by the list of ingredients, that it would make quick a bit. So I cut it in half. I would say the servings as listed would feed 2-3 people. I grilled the chicken on my George Foreman and used some leftover refried beans. I also chopped up cilantro and sprinkled on top. Of course after the photo was taken. (I used the garnish). Made for PAC spring 08.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free refried beans
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Grill chicken breast all the way until cooked.
- While chicken is cooking, heat up salsa on stove.
- Place refried beans in a microwave safe bowl and heat about 1 minute or until hot.
- Once chicken is no longer pink, slice into strips and mix into the salsa.
- Place the lettuce shreds on plate, and layer the hot beans on top.
- Top the beans with the chicken salsa mixture and spoon on the sour cream on to.
- Serve with a side of your favorite rice and garnish with sliced green onion.