Recipe by Jadebluafterglo
This is an easy way to make enchiladas, without all the fuss. You start off with making the hardest part in the crockpot, throw everything in a casserole dish, and pop it in the oven. Awesome.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 226.79 g can black beans
- 226.79 g can corn
- 226.79 g jar mild salsa
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- corn tortilla
- cheddar cheese
- 226.79 g can enchilada sauce
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Put the chicken, beans, corn, and salsa all in the crockpot.
- 2) Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- 3) When done, add package of cream cheese. Stir around until cream cheese is combined and all the meat has fallen apart, essentially becoming shredded.
- 4) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 5) Line bottom layer of casserole dish (u can use any size, I usually make one big one, and one the size of a bread loaf pan) with corn tortillas. top off with cheese and part of can of enchilada sauce.
- 6) Add a 1 inch layer of the meat from the crock pot.
- 7) Repeat tortilla, cheese, and enchilada layer.
- 8) Repeat 1 inch layer of meat
- 9) End with another layer of tortilla, extra chees, and the rest of the enchilada sauce.
- 10) Put tin foil on dish and pop in oven for 30 minutes. Take off tin foil last 5 minutes.
- 11) Cut into pieces and serve with a dollop of sour cream on top.
- **Variations: You can use a spicy jack cheese instead of cheddar to add spice, along with using spicy salsa in the crock pot. I have also used fat free shredded cheddar and I only got rave responses. No one noticed it was a healthier cheese. Also, you can use pinto beans instead of black, and last, but not least, you can try boneless pork chops instead of chicken. They all come out yum.