Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The sort of dish that could do any meal from breakfast to dinner. This was part of a feature in our local paper.
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1 chili (red or green diced or to your taste)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup coriander (cilantro leaves)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Lightly beat eggs and combine with the milk and season well.
- Cut the tortillas into narrow strips and place on a oven tray and bake in 200C oven until they are golden brown and crisp.
- Heat oil in a medium pan and add the onion and cook over moderate heat until the onion is tender but not coloured and then add the garlic and the chilli and cook a minute longer.
- Pour the eggs and cook over a moderate heat, stirring only enough to move the curds from the base of the pan, you want big soft curds.
- When the egg is almost set, remove from the heat and fold through the tomatoes, tortilla crisps and the coriander and serve immediately.
Easy and delicious - and very filling too. I used a jalapeno pepper that added a nice kick to the dish. I also subbed in a corn tortilla instead of flour so as to make it gluten free. Thanks for sharing! Rookie Recipe Tag