Recipe by BakinBaby
This is my husband's favorite breakfast. Some folks like the fried egg on top, he prefers it on top of the corn tortilla with the sauce on top. He also thinks you must serve with a soft flour tortilla which he uses to dip in the leftover sauce. For this reason, this recipe has lots of extra sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 roma tomato (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (habanero-picante)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 4 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion,green pepper,celery,jalapeno & garlic in olive oiled skillet. Heat until onion and peppers are soft.
- Add tomato,tomato sauce,water and hot sauce simmer gently about 15 minutes, add more water if the sauce begins to dry out. You don't want the sauce to be thick.
- While sauce is cooking, heat corn tortillas in a small skillet sprayed with cooking spray or olive oil. Heat until just soft, do not fry the tortilla hard, set aside.
- Cook 2 eggs over-easy, set aside.
- Put two corn tortillas on each serving dish, top with 1 fried egg and cover with tomato sauce or put tortilla,sauce and egg on top. (that's the way I like it).