Recipe by Kaleb Major
Spicy, cheesy and good!!!!!! Comes from San Diego, CA
Top Review by JohnnyB1961
I love this one. I made a few minor changes. I hand cut the black olives and instead of the tomato sauce I used diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and used 2 cans instead of 1 and a 8 oz cans. I've made this dish twice in 3 days.
- 2 large eggplants, sliced about 1/4 inch
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- cheddar cheese
- 1 can sliced olive
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Mexican oregano
- green chili
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat and simmer tomato sauce with the olives, chilis.
- cumin,oregano chili powder and green onions.
- Meanwhile brush both sides of eggplant with oil and bake at 450 for 20 minutes.
- Make a layer of eggplant on bottom of casserole dish, top with cheese and sauce.
- Continue until eggplant is gone.
- Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes .
- Top each serving with sour cream and cilantro.
- Serve with hot flour tortillas and salad of choice.