Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a different and tasty egg dish.
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half cream (unwhipped) or 1⁄3 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- salt and pepper (use lots of pepper!)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- 5 green onions, chopped (or to tate)
- 1 small green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 large firm tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated (or similar cheese)
- 2 cups salsa (or to taste)
- Set oven to 150 degrees.
- Lightly butter a medium baking dish (large enough to hold the mixture).
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with cream, salt and pepper.
- Melt about 4 tablespoons (or less) of butter in a frypan; add in the egg mixture and scramble until JUST moist (don't overcook eggs!).
- Place/spread the eggs in a medium baking dish or a large oven-proof serving plate, and place in a 150 degree oven to keep warm.
- Melt remaining butter in same frypan, and saute all veggies with salt and pepper until soft.
- Remove the eggs from the oven and increase heat to 300 degrees.
- Spread the sauteed veggies over the eggs in the baking dish or plate.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese, and place back in a 300 degree oven until cheese melts (about 5 minutes).
- Serve with lots of salsa on the side.