Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
for beverage tag.
- olive oil, to grease
- 3 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, 3 sheets (25 x 25cm)
- 1 (270 g) can corn kernels, drained
- 100 g grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 red capsicum, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 3 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 40 g coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Mexican chili powder (optional)
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C Brush six 185ml (3/4-cup) capacity Texas muffin pans with oil to lightly grease.
- Using a saucer as a guide, cut six 14cm-diameter discs from the pastry. Line the muffin pans with pastry.
- Combine the corn, tomato, capsicum, shallot and cheddar in a bowl. Season with salt, and chilli powder, if desired. Divide corn mixture among pastry cases. Make a well in the centre of the corn mixture.
- Break an egg into each pastry case. Bake for 20 minutes. Set aside in the pan to cool slightly before serving.