Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a tasty twist on an old stand-by. Yummy served with sour cream and salsa mixture!!
- 24 egg roll wraps
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 -2 fresh jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- In a large skillet, start browning ground beef.
- Add onion, green pepper, garlic, jalapenos, salt, chili powder, cumin, and oregano.
- Cook until meat is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are softened.
- Drain off any excess grease, and set aside to cool. Stir in Tabasco and cheese.
- Lay out 1 egg roll wrapper with corner pointing towards you and place 1 heaping T. of the meat mixture into the center of the wrapper.
- Fold bottom point up to cover meat mixture. Fold left and right points into the center. Roll away from you until top point covers the left and right point.
- Brush with egg whites to seal.
- Continue with remaining wrappers.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees. Cook rolls a couple at a time until brown.
- Drain on paper towels.