Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick breakfast idea to eat on the go.
- 1 English muffin, split and toasted
- 2 large eggs or 4 ounces egg substitute
- 4 teaspoons water
- 2 -3 tablespoons prepared salsa
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper
- In a small bowl, beat egg and water(if using egg substitute, omit the water), salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray; add egg mixture.
- Cook and stir until eggs are set.
- Spoon egg mixture evenly on halves of English Muffin; top with salsa then sliced cheese.
- Place on baking sheet; broil until cheese begins to melt.
Oh yum, these are delicious. I subbed green enchilada sauce for the salsa, since I had some extra. The melted cheese was really good on it too. Like another reviewer, I made one English muffin per person.
I often have scrambled eggs on english muffins but never thought to use salsa sauce and I just loved it, added a nice spicy flavour to the dish. I used wholemeal english muffins and a spicy tomatoe salsa and allowed us each a whole muffin (didn't put the salsa on the DM's has she doesn't like it) and I used 3 medium eggs for 2 of us and a little milk instead of water and a sharp vintage cheddar for the cheese. thank you PaulaG, made for the Aussie/Kiwi Recipe Swap #46 November 2010.
I made this for brekky only instead of water with the egg I used some leftover cream, eggs were so creamy & delicious & the salsa & cheese a great addition, very yummy, will make these again! Made for ZWT III.