1/4 Photos of Mexican Egg Cups
Pesto lover's Note:
A great breakfast, brunch or lunch can be made with these easy to prepare egg cups. Level of heat is determined by the salsa you use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese or 1/2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- 4 teaspoons diced green chili peppers (canned or fresh jalapeno)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1Warm the tortillas in the microwave until soft and pliable, about 1 minute.
- 2Place each into 4" ramekins or tart pans. You might me able to use extra large muffin pans, though I've never tried that.
- 3Beat together eggs, half and half, cheese, green onion, and green chile with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Bake until eggs are just set, about 20-40 minutes, depending upon the type and size ramekins or pans you used. Keep an eye on them.
- 5To serve, spoon a tbsp of salsa over each and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- 6For a more substantial meal, you can add 1/2 c cooked and cooled Mexican chorizo to the egg mixture before filling the cups. It will take about 5 minutes longer to bake.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Egg Cups
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.0
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 204.1 mg
- Sodium 440.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 13.0 g