Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can be made spicier or milder depending on what salsa you use. A great alternative to regular eggs in the morning.
- 3 tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, chunky
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon coriander, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat an oven to 350°F
- Grease a large 6 cup muffin tin.
- Lightly oil the tortillas and cut each tortilla into quarters.
- Place 2 wedges in each muffin cup, overlapping to form a cup.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are light brown, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of salsa in the bottom of each of the tortilla cups.
- Top with the grated cheese, green onions and fresh coriander.
- Crack an egg into each of the cups and finish with a sprinkling of smoked paprika and salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the white has set but the yolk remains runny.
- Remove from the oven and serve.