1/5 Photos of Mexican Egg Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
Tomatoes and green chilies add color to this dish. This cheesy egg dish has a zip to it. It makes a great breakfast, brunch or even lunch or casual dinner dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided (16 ounces)
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced (I don't bother to seed and it is fine.)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- salsa, for topping (optional)
- 1In a large bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- 2Add the eggs, 3-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, cottage cheese, tomatoes, chillies, onions, hot pepper sauce, oregano, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- 3Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- 4Sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese.
- 5Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 6Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 30 minutes longer, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 7Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into squares.
- 8Serve with salsa if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Egg Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.5
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 338.8 mg
- Sodium 815.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 30.9 g