Recipe by bbkipp
This is an easy recipe that's great to take to a potluck at friends or for a Sunday breakfast. I made it for my work party and my husband brought it to his. In those cases I used the throwaway pans. It's quick and delicious. It's a fantastic leftover.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag tortilla chips (I use Golds bite size)
- 1 lb lean hamburger (veggie burger can be used)
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (mild, medium, or hot)
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa (again, you chose the heat)
- 1 (16 ounce) package mexican cheese, shredded
- 1 dozen egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cook the hamburger and taco seasoning as directed on seasoning packet.
- Beat your eggs with water or milk as you would for scrambled eggs. Don't cook.
- Layer the tortilla chips on the bottom of a 9 X 11 casserole dish. I end up using about 2/3 of the bag.
- Spread hamburg mixture over the chips.
- Pour the egg mixture over chips and hamburg.
- Spread salsa over the top and then cover with cheese.
- Bake until eggs are fully cooked in the middle of the pan.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.