Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
In Mexico we don't just eat the classical refried beans. This is a belly warming northern Mexico bean dish.
- 1 lb beans, presoaked during a whole night
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 slice ham, diced
- 100 g kraft yellow cheese (American singles I think they are called in USA)
- 1 small mexican asadero cheese, separated in strands (or a white mild and melty equivalent)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Cook beans in same water they were soaked inches.
- When water starts boiling, add rest of ingredients, except cream and butter.
- Simmer until beans are cooked.
- Just before serving add the cream and butter.