Mexican Drinking Chocolate
- Put chocolate in a large bowl.
- Combine cream, vanilla beans (seeds and pods), cinnamon and chile powder in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Remove from heat. Press vanilla pods against sides of pan to extract any remaining seeds and cream; discard pods.
- Pour cream over chocolate and stir until melted. Add corn syrup and almond extract; stir until smooth.
- Package in very clean 1 cup jars. Refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
- To serve, combine 1/4 c ganache (use a heated spoon to scrape ganache out of jar) with 1/2 c hot milk and stir until smooth.