Adapted from a recipe at Al Dente. http://bit.ly/fFbSc9
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put chocolate in a large bowl.
- 2Combine cream, vanilla beans (seeds and pods), cinnamon and chile powder in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Remove from heat. Press vanilla pods against sides of pan to extract any remaining seeds and cream; discard pods.
- 3Pour cream over chocolate and stir until melted. Add corn syrup and almond extract; stir until smooth.
- 4Package in very clean 1 cup jars. Refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
- 5To serve, combine 1/4 c ganache (use a heated spoon to scrape ganache out of jar) with 1/2 c hot milk and stir until smooth.
Browse Our Top Non-Alcoholic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Drinking Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1018.1
- Calories from Fat 911
- Total Fat 101.2 g
- Saturated Fat 62.6 g
- Cholesterol 62.9 mg
- Sodium 115.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 26.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: