Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Try something new! Here is a great easy recipe for a tasty alternative to tacos or burritos. They can used as an entree or even fun little appetizers.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook ground beef (or ground turkey) according to taco seasoning package.
- Stir in 1 cup salsa, 1 cup cooked corn.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Unroll crescent rolls onto large ungreased cookie sheet.
- Scoop approximately 2 heaping tablespoons of meat/salsa/corn mixture onto unrolled crescent rolls.
- Roll crescent rolls tightly.
- Cook in oven for approximately 10-11 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Place back in oven for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, and top with dollop of sour cream (or salsa), to your liking.
- Enjoy your mexican doughboys.
Everybody loved this one! The only change I made was to spread on refried beans on the crescent roll before adding the filling. I also used two crescent rolls (making a rectangle) to make it easier to handle.
Quick, easy and delicious! Next time I think I may use biscuits in muffin tins, filled with the meat. It'd be less messy. The croissant rolls were kinda hard to wrap up
What a fun recipe! I am not an experienced cook, so I did have a bit of a challange wrapping the dough around the filling, but when I took them out of the oven, they actually came out looking quite nice! I made the recipe just as written, but used turkey instead of beef. We topped them with a mixture of greek yogurt (we use it instead of sour cream) and salsa, and they were yummy! We have plenty of leftover doughboys for lunches and dinner for the rest of the wk (there's only 2 of us in the house so if you have a big family this may not be the case for you). I did have some meat filling leftover, so I'll have to find something creative to do with that. Delicious recipe though, thanks for sharing!