Recipe by JoshH347
Try something new! Here is a great easy recipe for a tasty alternative to tacos or burritos. They can used as an entree or even fun little appetizers.
Top Review by Mickey M
Everybody loved this one! The only change I made was to spread on refried beans on the crescent roll before adding the filling. I also used two crescent rolls (making a rectangle) to make it easier to handle.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey, for a lighter fat alternative
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 cup cooked corn kernel
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls (Original Flavor)
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook ground beef (or ground turkey) according to taco seasoning package.
- Stir in 1 cup salsa, 1 cup cooked corn.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Unroll crescent rolls onto large ungreased cookie sheet.
- Scoop approximately 2 heaping tablespoons of meat/salsa/corn mixture onto unrolled crescent rolls.
- Roll crescent rolls tightly.
- Cook in oven for approximately 10-11 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Place back in oven for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, and top with dollop of sour cream (or salsa), to your liking.
- Enjoy your mexican doughboys.