Recipe by Just Janie
This was posted in our local newspaper, The Wenatchee World. A little change of pace and different from the every day chocolate chip cookie.
Top Review by Breck S.
Oh my god, these are the best cookies. You wouldn't think so with the black pepper, but it's not enough to notice. You can just get a little hint of something there that zings. Try these. I first cooked these in '06. Awesome.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 118.29 ml unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml finely ground black pepper
- 113.39 g dark chocolate, chopped coarse
- 118.29 ml butter
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together four, cocoa powder, cinnamon, soda, salt & pepper. Set aside. In double boiler, melt together chopped chocolate & butter.** Let cool slightly.
- In mixer, combine eggs, sugar, vanilla and chocolate mixture. Beat on medium until combined. On low, gradually add dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Use 1 1/2" cookie scoop. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bake on parchment lined sheets, 2" apart, at 325°F for about 15 minutes. They should look flat with cracked surfaces but soft in texture. Let cool on the parchment on wire racks. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- ** If melting in microwave, do it gradually, being careful not to let it get too hot.