Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I think I got this recipe from the newspaper. I've made this many times for potluck to functions and it always goes fast. Serve with tortilla chips (I use Tostitos scoops).
- In a frying pan, cook ground beef until no longer pink.
- Drain grease.
- Add taco mix and package amount of water and mix with beef.
- Add can of refried beans and mix until incorporated.
- In a 9x11 pan, (or I like to use my oval white baking dish) put the ground beef mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients in the order given.
- Spread the avacado and the sour cream with a spreading knife.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I was looking for this recipe! My mom used to make it and it was always such a hit. She used both black and green olives. Thanks for posting!
Wow! Great dip! Everyone LOVED this at our family gathering, it was a huge hit. Thanks for posting!
I made for a potluck dinner as an appetizer-it was gone in the first 20 minutes! Changes I made-used 1 can seasoned black beans (undrained) instead of refried & added lemon juice,garlic powder and salt to the mashed avocado. Also omitted the chopped tomato because I felt the chunky salsa I used had enough.