Recipe by beth
This is wonderfully easy to make. I am required to bring this everytime we have a family gathering. I usually omitt the olives and jalepenos for personal preference. I generally open the bag of chips and let them have at it! Enjoy!
Top Review by Gerry
Ohh this is good! Perfect for entertaining winter or summer - am looking forward to using this for our summer outdoor gatherings. Other then not finding the guacamole and using a family recipe I made as directed with wonderful results. Great for scooping. Thank you beth for an easy and great tasting dip recipe that I have added to my appetizer cook book.
- 1 can bean dip (generally found on the chip aisle of the grocery store)
- 1 container guacamole (if frozen, thawed)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I prefer sharp and lots of it)
- chopped green onion
- chopped tomato (I have used all types-love the grape tomatoes cut in half)
- black olives
- tortilla chips, of choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the the sour cream and taco seasoning together.
- I do this hours in advance to let the flavors meld.
- Begin layering (a spatula works best on this step) on a large, round platter the following, in order: bean dip, guacamole, sour cream mixture, cheese, chopped green onions, chopped tomatoes, olives and jalapenos.
- Use tortilla chips to scoop up dip.