Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This such an easy recipe using mostly canned products. It comes from an old Woman's Circle cookbook and is nice and spicy.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tamales, in chili gravy
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- In skillet heat oil; saute onion until tender.
- Transfer to ovenproof baking dish.
- Arrange half the tamales and gravy over onions.
- Add the two cans of chili.
- Sprinkle with oregano;top with remaining tamales.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until bubbling hot.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes more or until cheese has melted.
Such a nice quick lunch this was. Loved everything about it. Thanks for sharing.
This recipe is a keeper -- really great-tasting and so easy to make. I did use one extra can of tamales and added a little hot sauce. Everyone in the family loved it. You have a great recipe here!
Very hearty and filling. The flavor was so good! Next time I make it I'll add an extra can of tamales to make more servings, since it only made us 3. Fit a 11x7inch dish and only took a total of 30 minutes to bake. Thanks for posting this!