- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tamales, in chili gravy
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet heat oil; saute onion until tender.
- Transfer to ovenproof baking dish.
- Arrange half the tamales and gravy over onions.
- Add the two cans of chili.
- Sprinkle with oregano;top with remaining tamales.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until bubbling hot.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes more or until cheese has melted.