Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick, easy and yummy!
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package four-cheese Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 3 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 (13 ounce) bag nacho chips
- Brown the ground beef and drain well using directions on package of taco seasoning, using the diced tomatoes. Add the taco seasoning and tomatoes to the meat.
- Let simmer 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and onion.
- Cover bottom of a 9x12 oiled casserole dish with the refried beans.
- Then layer the meat and taco seasoning and tomato mixture over the beans.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over top all.
- Bake in 350° oven till cheese melts.
- Serve hot with tortilla or nacho chips.
Ole!!! You are so right, Darlene, this is quick, easy and packed with flavor. I highly recommend this especially if you are short on time and need a quick and satisfying supper. In fact, this will make a great appetizer when feeding a large group. I think the next time I make it, I will add more diced tomatoes...just a personal preference, but it certainly isn't necessary. Thanks Darlene for ANOTHER great recipe. :-)
This was wonderful! The only substitution I made was used ground turkey instead of ground beef. I even froze some of it to eat at a later date. Will make again and again.