Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this online when I was looking for a recipe for my sister. I copied it and then went back to looking for her recipe..lol. But, our family loves these. I know there will be some of you out there who won't care for them at all but that's ok. Everybody has different tastes! When I make them, I have to hide them in the fridge until dinner because my son and his friends will eat them all up before dinner and leave an empty plate on the counter.You can add a bit more mayonnaise if needed. Cook time is chill time and time for cooking the eggs.(10 for cooking the eggs, 10 for cooling and 30 for chilling the eggs). We sometimes have some of the filling left and My husband mixes it with chicken or tuna for a sandwich on toasted english muffins. (open faced)
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, diced (I get the 7 oz can because we use them in everything)
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans (any brand you like)
- 4 tablespoons red onions, finely diced
- 3⁄4 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 3 tablespoons green onions
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- for garnish sprinkle with finely chopped cilantro (just a dash sprinkled over top of each egg)
- Boil eggs and cool. Peel them and then cut in half lengthwise carefully removing the yolks.
- Put yolks in a mixing bowl.
- Mix will all other ingredients except the cilantro.
- Heat the beans slightly and stir well.
- With a table knife or spoon put a little of the beans in the egg shell (maybe 1/2 tsp).
- Evenly put the yolk filling over that.
- Continue until all the egg whites are filled.
- Sprinkle finely chopped cilantro over the tops.
- Eat immediately or chill until ready to eat.
Loved the addition of the refried beans and green chiles in this variation. I omitted the salt (personal preference) and kept the olives out to use as garnish (made for a party with a lot of non-olive eaters, so it was easier for them to remove that way). Thanks for sharing!