Recipe by ruthbomer
Mexican pizza from Rachael Ray. We had this tonight and loved it. I think we will have this quite often.
Top Review by StacyMD187373
Thought this would be good for something different but didn't really care for it very much. If I were to make it again, would only use one cornbread mix. (Granted, I did use a different mix, but it was smaller boxes.) Overall, was pretty dry. DH and I decided we'd rather have traditional tacos, but it was fun to try something different. Thanks for the recipe anyway! Just wasn't our taste.
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes corn muffin mix (Jiffy)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup frozen corn
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons green olives, sliced
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 2 scallions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together 2 packages muffin mix with 2 eggs, 4 T melted butter 1 1/2 cup milk and corn. Wipe non stick skillet with a little olived oil and pour in muffin mix. (I used 9 by 13 pan) Place pan in oven and bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until browned. While the cornbread is cooking brown the beef in a little olive oil. Add onions and spices and cook meat for 5 minutes longer. Remove cornbread from oven and top with meat, cheese and veggies. Add pan back to oven and cook 5 more minutes or till cheese is melted. Cut and serve with salsa.