1/1 Photo of Mexican Date Bars
I love date bars and I made these up with cocoa and cinnamon to give them a subtle Mexican chocolate flavor. I hope you like them!
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dates, chopped (I like Amport brand)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey (pref. raw-thick type)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup walnuts, crushed small
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, crushed small
- 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flour (I like whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, beat egg until fluffy.
- 3Add butter, honey, dates, and vanilla. Stir well with a spoon to coat dates.
- 4Stir in walnuts and almonds.
- 5Stir in the coconut, cocoa, and cinnamon.
- 6Stir in the krispie cereal, salt, lemon juice, then flour and mix well.
- 7Press the mix into a lightly greased 9 X 9 glass dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- 8Cool completely before cutting so the bars can set.
- 9Chill for even more chewiness!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Date Bars
Serving Size: 1 (52 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.7
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 208.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 33.9 g
- Protein 7.7 g