Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy elegant cold soup, great for a dinner party or a picnic! Wonderful flavor
Make and share this Mexican Cucumber-Yogurt Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped (about a lb)
- 2 cups nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- cucumber, thinly sliced,for garnish
- green onion, thinly slivered,for garnish
- Using a blender or food processor, process the cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice& garlic until smooth.
- Add a bit of the broth& whirl.
- Pour into a 2 qt.
- container and stir in the remaining broth.
- Cover& refrigerate for at least 2 hours or even the next day.
- Stir in the cilantro and onion.
- To serve ladle into individual bowls, garnish with a slice or two of cucumber and a sprinkle of green onion.
Finally the Cucumber Soup I've been looking for! Did make a couple revisions... swapped sour cream in for the yogurt. Also found one garlic clove is enough, blanched to remove the bite back that comes from raw garlic (boil about a minute). I also pureed in a half of a small onion. Yum and thanks!
Very good! Our kids didn't care for them(they don't like anything with cucumber) but hubby and I loved it. I used whole-milk Greek yogurt (that's the kind i like) so i think the soup might have come out thicker than intended. and i had to season it at the end. but it was very good as a spring appetizer.