Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Can't remember where I got this recipe, but it is wonderful and a different way to cook cubed steaks.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 cubed steaks
- 1 (8 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup parsley
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil.
- Place over medium high heat until hot.
- Add steaks; cook 2 minutes on each side Combine picante sauce, lime juice, and pepper; pour over steaks.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
This just didn't do it for me. Used homemade salsa and also rubbed some taco seasoning on the steaks before cooking. DH ate it but did not really like it either-sorry.
this where just what i wanted the best