Recipe by Brahdakine
A deliciously colorful easy to make Mexican style stew that you can make mild or hot that everyone will enjoy.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs beef
- 1 large onion
- 2 fresh red jalapenos (suit to taste)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped (I use two)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 carrots
- 5 celery ribs
- 1 large potato
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (any kind)
- 1 1⁄4 ounces hot taco seasoning mix (1 packet)
- 3⁄4 cup beer (drink the rest)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice and cut all the vegetables.
- Layer bottom with 1/3 the onions and half the potatoes.
- Season beef with hot taco seasoning mix.
- Place inside crock pot, cover with remaining vegetables and pour beer over meat and vegetables.
- Cook on High for 3 hours, take beef out and cut into bite size pieces, cook another 1-2 hours. If cooking on low cook for 7-8 hours. I also take out some of the liquid it's up to you depending on what you like.
- If you like, whip up some corn starch and water to thicken juices into gravy.