Recipe by ladypit
I created this to use what I had on hand. My husband loved it and thought the reheated leftovers were just as good as the first night. You can serve this over rice, with tortillas, or with taco chips.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped seeded jalapeno
- 3 tomatillos
- 5 chicken thighs
- 1 jar of your favorite salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the sliced onion in the bottom of your crock pot.
- Add the chopped peppers.
- Remove the papery outer layer from the tomatillos and chop them coarsely.
- Put them on top of onions and peppers.
- Place the chicken thighs on top of the veggies.
- Pour most of a jar of salsa on top of the chicken.
- (You want a decent layer of salsa on top of the chicken.) Put the top on the crockpot and cook on high for 5-7 hours (or low for 10-12).