Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A tangy thickened cream is the same as French creme fraiche. Use it to top dishes from mole to quesadillas. It's even good on peach cobbler, and a lot cheaper to make than buy.
- 1 cup whipping cream (preferably not ultra-pasteurized)
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- In a small glass bowl, combine both ingredients.
- Cover the bowl loosely, and let it stand at room temperature for 8 to 24 hours, until the cream is thickened and tart.
- Stir it well, cover it tightly and refrigerate it.
- Use it as needed.
- Crema keeps for up to 10 days.
Annie, thanks for posting this. I use crema as a base for a number of sauces and this is a quick and easy way to make it. Thanks, again.