Buy a decent brand of guacamole, that is one of the stars in this recipe. This is a cheat's way of eating something cool on a hot sunny day. There are a lot of robust, bold flavors here. Delia Smith
My Private Note
cups sa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs crabmeat, picked clean
- 3/4 lb guacamole, salad
- 1/4 lb watercress
- 1/4 lb Baby Spinach
- 1/4 lb rocket, salad
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Lea & Perrins cooks helper chilli and garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, fresh
- cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1A mere assembly job, which will begin with emptying the crab out into a bowl, then adding a seasoning of salt and freshly milled pepper followed by the juice and grated zest of half the lime and approximately 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves.
- 2Next you need another bowl and in that combine the mayonnaise and chilli and garlic sauce by whisking them together along with all but a teaspoon of the juice of the other half of the lime.
- 3Do a bit of tasting here and add more chilli sauce if you like it hotter.
- 4Now yet another bowl, to empty the salad into.
- 5Give it a good seasoning of salt and pepper, then toss the leaves around in the rest of the lime juice.
- 6Next divide the salad between the serving plates and place half the guacamole in the centre of each pile of salad leaves.
- 7Divide the crab between the two servings, arranging it on top of the guacamole.
- 8After that drizzle the chilli mayo over each crab and salad and sprinkle the rest of the coriander leaves and a little cayenne on top.
- 9And that’s all there is to it, apart from some good bread, good butter and some very cold white wine.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Crab Salad With Chilli Mayo
Serving Size: 1 (1067 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.8
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 145.6 mg
- Sodium 3004.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 66.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Lea & Perrins cooks helper chilli and garlic sauce