Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Buy a decent brand of guacamole, that is one of the stars in this recipe. This is a cheat's way of eating something cool on a hot sunny day. There are a lot of robust, bold flavors here. Delia Smith
- 1 1⁄2 lbs crabmeat, picked clean
- 3⁄4 lb guacamole, salad
- 1⁄4 lb watercress
- 1⁄4 lb Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 lb rocket, salad
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Lea & Perrins cooks helper chilli and garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, fresh
- cayenne pepper
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- A mere assembly job, which will begin with emptying the crab out into a bowl, then adding a seasoning of salt and freshly milled pepper followed by the juice and grated zest of half the lime and approximately 1 tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves.
- Next you need another bowl and in that combine the mayonnaise and chilli and garlic sauce by whisking them together along with all but a teaspoon of the juice of the other half of the lime.
- Do a bit of tasting here and add more chilli sauce if you like it hotter.
- Now yet another bowl, to empty the salad into.
- Give it a good seasoning of salt and pepper, then toss the leaves around in the rest of the lime juice.
- Next divide the salad between the serving plates and place half the guacamole in the centre of each pile of salad leaves.
- Divide the crab between the two servings, arranging it on top of the guacamole.
- After that drizzle the chilli mayo over each crab and salad and sprinkle the rest of the coriander leaves and a little cayenne on top.
- And that’s all there is to it, apart from some good bread, good butter and some very cold white wine.