Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Add an impressive splash of colours, as well as great taste, to your hors d'oeuvres table.
- 1 lb crabmeat, picked over
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped and divided
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 fresh avocado
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, minced
- 4 fluid ounces ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley or 1 tablespoon cilantro (optional)
- 4 fluid ounces mayonnaise
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, divided
- Toss crabmeat with red pepper, all but 1 tablespoon of the parsley, and 2 tablespoons of the lime juice; set aside.
- ---To Prepare Avocado Sauce---.
- In a food processor, thoroughly blend ½ avocado, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ½ jalapeno pepper, minced (or Tabasco to taste).
- ---To Prepare Cocktail Sauce---.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix 4 fluid ounces ketchup, 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, 1 tablespoon grated onion, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, 1 tablespoon minced parsley or cilantro, and Tabasco to taste.
- ---To Prepare Lime Mayonnaise---.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix 4 fluid ounces mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon of the lime juice.
- Serve the crab mixture with all three sauces.