Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an excellent side dish for mexican meals. It's much quicker than rice and is also quite light and healthy. I originally found this recipe on the Better Homes and Gardens website, but have adapted it to fit our own preferences.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in cumin and chile powder, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, peas, tomato and cilantro, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.
This is delicious! I added one whole carrot diced. And I put a little more cumin and chili powder...I'm from TX!
This was very easy and tasted great. My husband decided he didn't like couscous the last time I made it. Now he's decided it's pretty good. I did make a couple of changes. Used corn instead of peas and half a can of diced tomatoes since I was out of fresh. Thanks!
This was very tasty and very yummy!! I added a bit of salsa to the mix, too (as I didn't have much tomato) and I think next time I'll put in some corn & green chiles. We had this as a side dish to enchiladas. The tastes complemented each other nicely. Thanks for sharing!