Recipe by SuzyQ in Seattle
This is a vegetarian recipe that originally came from a website called Veggies Unite! It's no longer available there so I'm posting here for safe keeping.
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 red onion, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 avocado, diced
- 1⁄2 cup canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the vegetable stock, add the cous cous, stir, cover, and remove from heat - set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients and stir.
- After the cous cous has set aside for 10 minutes, uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Add it to the bowl with the other ingredients. Stir well and serve slightly warm.