Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A tasty bake which only needs to be served with a crisp salad and an even crisper glass of white wine to make a delicious meal. Prep time does not include the 1 hour standing time.
- 6 large courgettes
- 275 g frozen sweetcorn, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 175 g feta cheese, rinsed and crumbled
- 25 g melted butter
- Halve the courgettes and scoop out the seeds. Sprinkle the shells with salt and turn upside down. Leave to stand for 1 hour.
- wipe out the salt from the courgettes and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Place the sweetcorn, garlic, eggs milk and pepper in a blender and process to a rough paste.
- mix in 2/3 of the feta and divide the mixture between the courgette shells. Scatter over the rest of the cheese and drizzle with the butter.
- bake for 40 mins, if they begin to brown too quickly cover with foil.