Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A different tasty salad. After having this at a potluck, I had to have the recipe.
Make and share this Mexican Cornbread Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (6 ounce) package Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 dash ground sage
- 1 (1 ounce) packageranch style salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 tomatoes, large, chopped
- 10 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) packaged shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- lettuce leaf
- tomato, wedges (optional)
- Prepare corn bread mix according to package direction, adding green chilies and sage; cool.
- Combine salad dressing mix, sour cream, and mayonnaise; set aside.
- Crumble HALF of corn bread into a bowl.
- Top with HALF each of beans, sour cream mixture, green pepper, corn, chopped tomatoes, bacon, cheese, and onions.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve in lettuce lined bowl and top with tomato wedges, if desired.