Sassy in da South's Note:
A different tasty salad. After having this at a potluck, I had to have the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package Mexican cornbread mix
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 dash ground sage
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch style salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 tomatoes, large, chopped
- 10 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) packaged shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- lettuce leaf
- tomato, wedges (optional)
- 1Prepare corn bread mix according to package direction, adding green chilies and sage; cool.
- 2Combine salad dressing mix, sour cream, and mayonnaise; set aside.
- 3Crumble HALF of corn bread into a bowl.
- 4Top with HALF each of beans, sour cream mixture, green pepper, corn, chopped tomatoes, bacon, cheese, and onions.
- 5Repeat layers.
- 6Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 7Serve in lettuce lined bowl and top with tomato wedges, if desired.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Cornbread Salad
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.6
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 1007.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.7 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 25.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mexican cornbread mix
salad dressing mix