Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
The combination of the sweet cornbread and spicy taco seasoning make this taste too good for words. It's healthy (using reduced fat ingredients and ground turkey) and easy to make.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cornbread-muffin mix
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine the corn bread mix, milk and egg. Stir in corn just until blended. Spread evenly into a 8X8 or 9X9 pan. Bake at 400°F for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, red pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon turkey mixture over corn bread; sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with tomato, olives and green onions. Cut into six wedges; top each with sour cream.