Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb meat, Ground
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup onion, Chopped
- 1⁄2 lb American cheese, Grated
- 3 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 cup sweet milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Make batter by mixing together the cornmeal, eggs, soda, drippings, milk, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Brown meat and drain off grease.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Add 1/2 batter then sprinkle on the meat, onions, peppers, and last add cheese.
- Cover with remaining batter.
- Cook at 350 degrees F. for about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.