Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from my friend, Dorothy. She's a mother, grandmother, and a fabulous cook. If you don't have red bell peppers, you can use two green, but it's sure pretty with the red included, too.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (adjust for your taste)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) packages Mexican cornbread mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Brown meat with salt and bell peppers. Drain. Put into 13 x 9 baking dish (spray it first with cooking spray to make clean up easier).
- Pour cream corn over meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Mix cornbread mix, eggs, and milk until blended and pour over casserole.
- Bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned.
Your friend Dorothy has a winner here! We don't like hot-spicy and this had JUST enough. Yummy.