1/1 Photo of Mexican Cornbread Casserole Gluten Free and Low FODMAP
This recipe tastes great, no one would guess its gluten-free and low FODMAP. Its cheesy and delicious! (Note: if dairy bothers you, just substitute soy "cheddar" for the real cheddar).
My Private Note
9 x 13 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (wear gloves)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 9 x 13" baking pan.
- 3In a skillet, saute the green onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper in olive oil for 3-4 minutes on med-high.
- 4Add the ground beef and remaining spices. Crumble the beef and saute until beef is cooked through. Set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, prepare the cornbread mixture:.
- 6Whisk together the cornmeal, gluten free baking mix, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 7Stir in the almond milk, eggs, and oil.
- 8Pour the batter into the greased 9 x 13" pan and spread out evenly.
- 9Spread the beef mixture evenly over the cornbread batter.
- 10Spread the chopped tomato over the beef mixture.
- 11Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top.
- 12Place in oven and bake 15 minutes, then cover loosely with foil and bake another 10-15 minutes or until cornbread is cooked.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Cornbread Casserole Gluten Free and Low FODMAP
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.6
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 128.8 mg
- Sodium 573.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free baking mix