Recipe by bakedapple42
This recipe tastes great, no one would guess its gluten-free and low FODMAP. Its cheesy and delicious! (Note: if dairy bothers you, just substitute soy "cheddar" for the real cheddar).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (wear gloves)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup gluten-free baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups gluten-free cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 13" baking pan.
- In a skillet, saute the green onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno pepper in olive oil for 3-4 minutes on med-high.
- Add the ground beef and remaining spices. Crumble the beef and saute until beef is cooked through. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, prepare the cornbread mixture:.
- Whisk together the cornmeal, gluten free baking mix, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the almond milk, eggs, and oil.
- Pour the batter into the greased 9 x 13" pan and spread out evenly.
- Spread the beef mixture evenly over the cornbread batter.
- Spread the chopped tomato over the beef mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the top.
- Place in oven and bake 15 minutes, then cover loosely with foil and bake another 10-15 minutes or until cornbread is cooked.