1/2 Photos of Mexican Cornbread Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
Anita Harris's Note:
I can't remember where I got this recipe but have had it for years. I always make this when I have cooked a big pot of pinto beans and ham. It's a nice change from your standard cornbread. My husband does not like cornbread or anything with cornmeal but always looks forward to me making this when we have beans. I have made it often and always get lots of compliments.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown together the ground beef, onion and jalapeno pepper; drain well.
- 2In a bowl mix together the cornbread ingredients.
- 3Lightly spray a 13 x9 in baking dish with Pam.
- 4Pour 1/2 of the cornbread mixture into prepared dish.
- 5Top with the meat mixture then sprinkle on the cheese to cover.
- 6Pour the remaining cornbread mixture on top.
- 7Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 45 mins or until the top is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Cornbread Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.9
- Calories from Fat 415
- Total Fat 46.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 158.6 mg
- Sodium 1057.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 30.2 g