I can't remember where I got this recipe but have had it for years. I always make this when I have cooked a big pot of pinto beans and ham. It's a nice change from your standard cornbread. My husband does not like cornbread or anything with cornmeal but always looks forward to me making this when we have beans. I have made it often and always get lots of compliments.
- Brown together the ground beef, onion and jalapeno pepper; drain well.
- In a bowl mix together the cornbread ingredients.
- Lightly spray a 13 x9 in baking dish with Pam.
- Pour 1/2 of the cornbread mixture into prepared dish.
- Top with the meat mixture then sprinkle on the cheese to cover.
- Pour the remaining cornbread mixture on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 45 mins or until the top is lightly browned.