Donna Luckadoo's Note:
Delicious and spicy dip--great for tailgate parties or large get togethers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- baked cornbread (9x13)
- 1 quart cooked pinto beans (Luck's in a can is okay)
- 4 cups chunky salsa, med to hot
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (1 for garnish)
- 2 pints sour cream, mixed with
- 1/3 cup taco sauce, med to hot
- 1 cup sliced and drained black olives
- 1 cup of sliced and drained jalapeno (optional)
- 1 cup of sliced and drained banana pepper
- 1Starting with the corn bread, bake corn bread for 30 minutes and let cool, then crumble 1/2 of it into the bottom of a large glass sea thru container (I use a punch bowl) add 1/2 of the pinto beans, and so on.
- 2When you have 2 layers of everything, cover with Saran wrap and refrigerate overnight, or at least 8 hours.
- 3This dip can be served hot by heating individual servings in a microwave until the cheese melts.
- 4This dish is great over the top of Frito's or Tostado's.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Cornbread and Pinto Bean Dip
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.7
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.3 mg
- Sodium 513.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 10.2 g