Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious and spicy dip--great for tailgate parties or large get togethers.
Make and share this Mexican Cornbread and Pinto Bean Dip recipe from Food.com.
- baked cornbread (9x13)
- 1 quart cooked pinto beans (Luck's in a can is okay)
- 4 cups chunky salsa, med to hot
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (1 for garnish)
- 2 pints sour cream, mixed with
- 1⁄3 cup taco sauce, med to hot
- 1 cup sliced and drained black olives
- 1 cup of sliced and drained jalapeno (optional)
- 1 cup of sliced and drained banana pepper
- Starting with the corn bread, bake corn bread for 30 minutes and let cool, then crumble 1/2 of it into the bottom of a large glass sea thru container (I use a punch bowl) add 1/2 of the pinto beans, and so on.
- When you have 2 layers of everything, cover with Saran wrap and refrigerate overnight, or at least 8 hours.
- This dip can be served hot by heating individual servings in a microwave until the cheese melts.
- This dish is great over the top of Frito's or Tostado's.