Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Received from a friend of my mom's. Goes great with almost any Mexican dish. Thought I had posted, oops!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cornmeal (I use Hodgson Mill Yellow)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, and chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup bacon bits
- Mix all ingredients and bake in heavy greased iron skillet.
- Bake at 275 degrees.
I never could get this to set. I baked it for an hour and 25 minutes. Had to throw the whole pan out. I went back to see if I had left something out, which I did leave out the green bell peppers, so I'm not sure what happened. Something didn't seem right when I was putting it together. Sorry